Communications Service Installer:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, independent individual focused on quality customer service to join our team and fill the position of Communications Service Installer. As an Installer, you will be responsible for the installation, upgrade and service of all aspects of Solarus residential services. This position directly serves Solarus and its customers. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to thrive in high-pressure problem-solving situations. You’ll join a close knit group of Installers that share great camaraderie.
As an Installer, a typical day might include:
- Restore or repair service-affecting issues and complete associated forms and reports.
- Perform installation, maintenance and repairs of telephone lines, cable, broadband services, subscriber carrier systems and access products, terminal protection products and devices, customer-owned equipment, security camera systems, drop wires, and network interface devices.
- Respond to customer-reported service calls related to Solarus services. Obtain pertinent information through fact-finding and consultation and evaluate and assess customer-reported issues. Work directly with customers to ensure services have been restored.
- Continuously learn and adapt to new equipment, technology and platforms.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness.
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and all times of the day or night.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, sit, climb, bend, grasp, work above head and lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
The Preferred Candidate Will Possess:
- Education: An associates degree in IT/Telephony and/or two or more years’ equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of basic electronics, spec sheets, circuit diagrams, telecommunications plant equipment including operations and maintenance, telephone install and repair, local exchange distribution network facilities.
- Aptitude to evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Live within 30 minutes of our warehouse.
- Ability to work weekends, overtime, scheduled night time, and call-outs.
- Solarus provides paid, on-the-job training, fully stocked logoed van, gas card, cell phone, and all applicable tools necessary to perform your job.
- 401k with generous employer matching.
- Health, vision & dental insurance available immediately.
- Paid time off available immediately.
- Discounted employee services within our service area.
- Extremely competitive wages in the telecommunications industry.
Solarus first began providing telephone service to Central Wisconsin residents in 1896. Over the years, our steadfast commitment to deliver innovative communication solutions has driven numerous technological advancements and facilitated substantial growth. Today, we are proud to offer a comprehensive service lineup consisting of residential and business High-Speed Internet, Voice, Video, Security and Home Automation solutions.
Solarus is owned by more than 1,025 local stockholders, who are all customers. Both the company and its 100+ employees are proud to give back to area schools, organizations, and community initiatives that align with our commitment to making Central Wisconsin a great place to live, work, and do business.