Outside Plant Technician
We are currently seeking an efficient, safety-minded, highly motivated individual for a full-time opportunity within our Plant Department. As a member of our Line Crew, you will be responsible for the installation and repair of poles and aerial cable, aerial and buried drops and underground cables as well as the conduit that powers the technology infrastructure that our customers depend on. The successful candidate will possess exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to thrive in high-pressure problem solving situations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Splicing up to 25 pair cables and termination of aerial and buried drop wire as well as buried fiber drops.
- Handling and transportation of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains, drives and operates cable plows, boring machines, trenchers, backhoes, skid loaders, digger derrick, tow motor and bucket trucks.
- Read and interpret construction staking sheets and maps.
- Tree trimming and brush removal.
- Keep appropriate documentation (time cards, maps, etc.)
- Digs with hand tools and climbs ladders and poles.
- Ensures property owners have been notified prior to construction and that utilities have been properly marked.
- Follows all company policies, including safety policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the positive performance of other employees, including assisting co-workers to accomplish jobs and company objectives.
- Previous experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions at all times of the day or night.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, sit, climb, bend, grasp, work above head and lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
- Exceptional communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills with a mind for safety.
- Regular attendance with ability to work weekends, overtime, and able to respond to after-hours emergency calls and outages.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of our warehouse.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and commercial driver’s license required.
- Paid, on-the-job training, fully stocked logoed company vehicle, gas card, cell phone, and all applicable tools necessary to perform your job.
- 401k with generous employer matching.
- Health, vision & dental insurance immediately available.
- Paid time off.
- Discounted employee services within our service area.
- Extremely competitive wages in the industry.
Solarus first began providing telephone service to Central Wisconsin residents in 1896. Over the years, our steadfast commitment to deliver innovative communication solutions has driven numerous technological advancements and facilitated substantial growth. Today, we are proud to offer a comprehensive service lineup consisting of residential and business High-Speed Internet, Voice, Video, Security and Home Automation solutions.
Solarus is owned by more than 1,025 local stockholders, who are all customers. Both the company and its 100+ employees are proud to give back to area schools, organizations, and community initiatives that align with our commitment to making Central Wisconsin a great place to live, work, and do business.