Outside Plant Technician
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, independent individual focused on quality customer service to join our team and fill the position of Outside Plant Technician in our Manawa, WI office. As an Outside Plant Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and service of all aspects of customer services. This position directly serves Solarus and its customers. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to thrive in high-pressure problem-solving situations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and services telephone lines, cable, broadband services, subscriber carrier systems and access products, terminal protection products and devices, customer-owned equipment, security and camera systems, drop wires, and network interface devices.
- Determine necessary repairs which may include wire repair, station protectors, ground connections, new wires, replacement jacks and pedestals as needed.
- Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of key systems and associated equipment including automatic answering devices, facsimile terminals, coupling devices, automatic dialers, and paging and intercom systems. Install and maintain other unregulated equipment.
- Perform initial wiring or rewiring for new subscriber services and systems.
- Test and splice copper cables and fiber drops and low count fiber cable networks.
- Occasional weekend, overtime, scheduled night time, and call-outs.
- Reports to Manawa Warehouse and must reside within Solarus service area and within 45 minutes of the reporting location.
- Work conditions may include exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness.
- Maintain a positive attitude, good attendance and appearance.
- Communicate with the public and fellow employees in a pleasant and business-like manner in person or by telephone.
- Willing to perform all other duties as needed and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets, circuit diagrams, telecommunications plant equipment including operations and maintenance, telephone installation and repair, local exchange distribution network facilities.
- Basic knowledge of fiber optic splicing.
- Knowledge of company products, services, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
- Dependable, accurate and honest with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
- Ability to function as a team player, but work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, sit, climb, bend, grasp, work above head and lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by Solarus insurance carrier.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work experience.
- Home Garaging options
- Competitive on-call pay
- 401k with generous employer matching
- Health, vision and dental insurance available immediately
- Paid time off
- Extremely competitive wages in the industry
Solarus first began providing telephone service to Central Wisconsin residents in 1896. Over the years, our steadfast commitment to deliver innovative communication solutions has driven numerous technological advancements and facilitated substantial growth. Today, we are proud to offer a comprehensive service lineup consisting of residential and business High-Speed Internet, Voice, Video, Security and Home Automation solutions.
Solarus is owned by more than 1,025 local stockholders, who are all customers. Both the company and its 100+ employees are proud to give back to area schools, organizations, and community initiatives that align with our commitment to making Central Wisconsin a great place to live, work, and do business.