The Plant/Engineering Clerk provides primary administrative duty support for the Director of Operations and the Engineering Department at large. Basic duties include telephone answering, general information coordination within the office, and general clerical duties as assigned. Additional duties involve coordination of information flow with customers as well as other internal departments. Significantly involved in tracking and follow-up activities related to service orders, as well as circuit order information and closure. Relied upon to prepare purchase orders, as well as sending and receiving shipments. Regularly depended upon to provide back-up within the department.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two-year Associate degree in related field desirable.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Experience with order management, inventory management and Billing Support Systems desirable.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is helpful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 products, especially Word, Excel and Teams. Prior exposure to design concepts of telephone outside plant components helpful, but willing to train right individual.
Company Benefits Package
Health insurance, 401(k) plan, retirement plan, paid time off, life insurance.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Salary Range and Work Hours
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
40 Hours Per Week, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
This position may be filled at any time.
Essential Job Functions
- Obtain necessary project detail from Engineering and other departments for purchase orders, service orders and returned equipment.
- Support service order process and interact with other departments as necessary to work and close orders according to Company policies and processes.
- Maintains and provides reports for internal departments related to the circuit database.
- Coordinate with vendors on purchase orders and communicate internally to determine the status of the purchase order.
- Scan all documents and information into Company databases as needed.
- Access internal databases as needed to extract data for FCC broadband reporting.
- Assists with maintaining Continuing Property Records.
- Prepares a variety of reports, correspondence and presentations by keyboarding and formatting documents using word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphics programs.
- Answers and directs phone calls to proper personnel.
- Performs clerical duties that may include filing, opening and sorting mail and proofreading documents, as well as photocopying, faxing and collating.
- Inputs information into designated databases or other recordkeeping systems.
- May maintain calendars and schedules and coordinate meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Responsible for safe performance of job tasks, ensuring personal safety to self and the general public.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of written communications practices, procedures and formats.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and communications systems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and forms including service orders and circuit diagrams.
- Skill in oral and written communication with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Solarus first began providing telephone service to Central Wisconsin residents in 1896. Over the years, our steadfast commitment to deliver innovative communication solutions has driven numerous technological advancements and facilitated substantial growth. Today, we are proud to offer a comprehensive service lineup consisting of residential and business High-Speed Internet, Voice, Video, Security and Home Automation solutions.
Solarus is owned by more than 1,025 local stockholders, who are all customers. Both the company and its 100+ employees are proud to give back to area schools, organizations, and community initiatives that align with our commitment to making Central Wisconsin a great place to live, work, and do business.